Is it better to send an email with a lot of images and a little bit of text, or an email with a lot of text and just a few images? Does email layout and body even matter?
John Grimshaw has the answer for you in this short shot of an episode! We’re bringing you marketing updates and insights right when you need them. John (the CMO of Smart Marketer) shares what he found in a split test they literally just ran this holiday.
Listen now to find out what he found (you’ll want to tweak your campaigns as soon as possible).
- What to tweak in your email campaigns
- Why does the body of an email affect Open Rates?
- How to get your emails into your reader’s Primary Tab (not the junk mail)
- What to do if you’re seeing a serious hit to your open rates,
Want to dive deeper on this subject? More Episodes on thist:
YOUR ENGAGEMENT MATTERS!
Here’s how you can make a difference:
- Subscribe to The Smart Marketer Podcast
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
- Repost this episode to your social media
- Share your favorite episodes with a friend
- Tag us in your next post and use the hashtag #WeOutHere
Links to Join:
01:15 What’s New?
03:01 John Is Re-Thinking How He Talks To His Students About Email Marketing
05:00 What Exactly Was This Split Test?
07:00 The Winning Variation
08:10 “Emails that have more words in them are more likely to be favored by the email platform algorithms and get better deliverability into the primary tab.” John Grimshaw
09:29 The Long And The Short Of It
11:36 Conclusions from this Split Test
13:46 “Make sure that you’re telling stories with your emails, and don’t fall into the big box store trap of these flashy, pretty emails that have a huge splashy visual, because guess what? Those emails really aren’t working anymore.” John Grimshaw.