How do you handle it when someone comes out of the left field and throws insults and accusations your way? Has this happened to you in business?
This JUST happened to our Host Ezra Firestone, Founder of Boom by Cindy Joseph and Smart Marketer. In this #NotBusiness episode, he takes us behind the curtain and talks through the interaction and how he’s choosing to process it.
Listen if you want to learn how to process uncomfortable conflicts better (whether they come up in business or your personal life).
“The interesting thing about when somebody throws an insult your way is that the only way that insult lands is if you believe it.” Ezra Firestone.
- he opportunities available to you (when you have upset somebody).
- How to process, assess and filter what has been said.
- What your responsibility is in an exchange like this.
- How to look for a course of action that doesn’t compromise your moral compass.
YOUR ENGAGEMENT MATTERS!
Here’s how you can make a difference:
- Subscribe to The Smart Marketer Podcast
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
- Repost this episode to your social media
- Share your favorite episodes with a friend
- Tag us in your next post and use the hashtag #WeOutHere
Links to Join:
0:40 Ezra gives you the context. What happened?
2:55 “I don’t know what it was, but there was something there, and it didn’t feel authentic. It didn’t feel right. I didn’t feel like I could show up and give an authentic testimonial”.
4:30 Listen as Ezra feeds back to his accuser his understanding of the situation.
6:35 Ezra’s stuck between a rock and a hard place.
7:05 The Interesting thing about ‘jabs’ (insults).
8:12 Ezra is glad that he has the chance to ‘clean that up.’
8:57 The choice.
9:42 “When you piss somebody off, there’s an opportunity first to take responsibility for that. I did this thing. It’s not; I’m sorry you feel that way. It’s, I created the experience of somebody being extremely pissed at me. And let me take a look at that”.
10:30 Ezra still feels like he made the right move.
12.47 The spice of life.
13.19 Why do some people end up in the same spot, stuck in behavioral patterns?
14:01 If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to hit “subscribe” and “Follow,” and please leave us an honest review on whichever platform you are listening. We appreciate you!