What have we learned after 1 year of running Smart Marketer? In Part 1 of this two part review, our hosts chat with Ezra about why they joined Smart Marketer and share some big lessons learned in their new roles as CEO (Molly) and CMO (John). Ezra also talks about the challenges of giving up creative control and why it was the best thing for the company. A year later, Smart Marketer is growing, more content is being produced, employees are happy, and the gang is sharing all the lessons they learned along the way!
- Ezra’s 3 benchmarks for “winning the game of business”
- Why relationships that start slow tend to last longer
- Why John has fewer “parachutes”
- How to evaluate your business’s potential for scale
Links to Join:
YOUR ENGAGEMENT MATTERS!
Here’s how you can make a difference:
- Subscribe to The Smart Marketer Podcast
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
- Repost this episode to your social media
- Share your favorite episodes with a friend
- Tag us in your next post and use the hashtag #WeOutHere
1:34 It’s been one year since Molly and John joined Smart Marketer!
3:06 How it all started…
7:01 Why some of the best relationships start slow.
10:52 Are you having fun at work? Here’s why you should!
14:42 John’s biggest wins from the last year.
17:02 Why John has fewer “parachutes”.
18:05 “A valued employee is a productive employee…”
19:46 The product drought is over!
20:41 Here’s what Molly learned in her new role as CEO.
22:26 Ezra shares his 3 benchmarks for “winning the game of business”.
24:08 Molly explains why you shouldn’t be comparing your progress to that of others.
25:38 “The scale of vision should dictate the scale of business.”
27:07 Thanks for listening!