By Smart Marketer | January 25, 2020
Do you need a break from social media? Many of us don’t realize just how much time we spend on social, whether for business or for pleasure. Recently, Molly accidentally went on a 6-week break from social media and what she discovered made her want to intentionally take more of them. Listen as she chats with John Grimshaw about the pros and cons of social media and the measures she’s taking to spend less time on these platforms.
You Will Learn:
- • How Molly handled the adversity she faced when returning home
• Why social media is a double-edged sword
• The tool we’re using to track screen time
• What the ultimate goal should be from a social media detox
- • Smart Marketer
Links to Join:
YOUR ENGAGEMENT MATTERS!
Here’s how you can help the show and make a difference:
- • Subscribe to The Smart Marketer Podcast
• Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
• Repost this episode to your social media
• Share your favorite episode with a friend
• Tag us in your next post and use the hashtag #WeOutHere
1:05 “I accidentally took a 6-week break from social media…”
3:14 Tough Times: Molly describes the adversity faced when returning to Kentucky.
5:08 The first step is being aware of the time spent on social media. The second step is figuring out the impact it has on your mental, physical, and spiritual health.
6:47 Screen time and social media usage are at an all-time high. We can thank 2020.
8:21 Here’s why we LOVE social media! (Pros)
11:24 It’s not all peaches — Here’s why social media can be overwhelming. (Cons)
14:56 Social media isn’t a competition, but it’s easy to get caught up in comparing ourselves to others.
18:47 For digital marketers, social media is a resource and a tool. So how can we separate personal and professional usage?
21:33 A mission with purpose — The ultimate goal is to feel good and know there are no distractions from staying on the right path.
23:21 If we take time off from social platforms, will we be forgotten.
25:50 What are your thoughts on social media? DM Molly on instagram to share your thoughts. (@mollypittmandigital)