Do you have your preparedness checklist for iOS 14? In part 2 of this 2-part segment of #WeOutHere, our hosts Molly Pittman and John Grimshaw get tactical. Big changes are coming from iOS 14 in Q1, and Facebook advertisers need to do a few simple things to minimize ad disruptions. In this episode, John and Molly wrap up by discussing the silver lining of the “iOS-ocalypse.” Namely, how advertisers with good fundamentals and tailored messaging can thrive by playing the long game.
- How many conversion events per domain Facebook is expected to allow
- Why our hosts believe 2021 will be their best year yet
- The 2 things you need if you want to be prepared for the coming changes
- Which attribution windows we expect to disappear
Links to Join:
YOUR ENGAGEMENT MATTERS!
Here’s how you can make a difference:
- Subscribe to The Smart Marketer Podcast
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
- Sign up for our 2021 Traffic Strategy Bootcamp (kicks off Jan. 27)
- Repost this episode to your social media
- Share your favorite episodes with a friend
- Tag us in your next post and use the hashtag #WeOutHere
0:00 We continue the conversation on one of the most talked about topics in marketing — Apple iOS 14.
1:10 Conversion limits are returning to FB, yet our hosts still expect to have their best year in 2021. Find out why they remain optimistic.
3:21 John shares when he believes Facebook will implement these new changes.
4:40 With Facebook doing most of the heavy lifting, here’s what you still need to monitor and manage.
5:28 Preparation Step #1 — Events will be domain specific. It’s super important to ensure you’ve verified your domain within your Facebook Business Manager.
6:27 Preparation Step #2 — Attribution windows are changing and some are sunsetting. It’s time to change the way you look at ads.
8:18 Now is not the time to give up on your ads. Adapting and changing expectations will be key in moving forward.
9:48 “It’s gonna be a really really good year for Facebook advertising” – John Grimshaw
11:06 Thanks for listening!