By Smart Marketer | January 25, 2020
Apple’s iOS 14 changes everything for marketers. In part 1 of this 2-part segment of #WeOutHere, our hosts Molly Pittman and John Grimshaw talk about how iOS 14 is transforming Facebook advertising forever. They discuss the Big Tech cold war driving this change, why 30% or more of your audience will be affected, and (most importantly) some of the key strategies you’ll need to survive this upheaval.
You Will Learn:
- • Why you shouldn’t hit the panic button
• What you can do to be prepared (now and in the future)
• Why the iOS 14 update is a win-win for Apple
• Is Facebook still valuable for marketers?
- • Smart Marketer
• 2021 Traffic Strategy Bootcamp
• TrainMyTrafficPerson Digital
Links to Join:
YOUR ENGAGEMENT MATTERS!
Here’s how you can help the show and make a difference:
- • Subscribe to The Smart Marketer Podcast
• Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
• Sign up for our 2021 Traffic Strategy Bootcamp (kicks off Jan. 27)
• Repost this episode to your social media
• Share your favorite episode with a friend
• Tag us in your next post and use the hashtag #WeOutHere
1:17 What the iOS 14 update means for marketers, and why you shouldn’t be worried.
2:03 How this all started in 2017 with Intelligent Tracking Prevention (ITP).
3:34 Do you know how long cookie data remains available? What about organic traffic? John gives us the numbers.
4:55 Missing Pieces — We’ve been using micro-events to track customer behavior. That’s changing…
6:53 Why Apple positioning themselves as the “Privacy” company is a win-win situation.
8:18 Is Apple killing the free web? Here’s why some people think so.
9:39 A Pair Of Problems — Molly shares her two concerns about the iOS 14 update.
11:26 Event tracking taking a hit, but here’s the data that won’t go away.
14:38 Will we need a different system to collect supplemental data? Should we still be making decisions from within Facebook Ads Manager?
15:29 The 2 sections we divide our ads into (taken from Train My Traffic Person).
18:40 Yes, Facebook optimization might not be as reliable. We need to go back to the basics.
20:28 Media Buying — Our entire philosophy behind media buying is changing. Find out what we’re doing in our free bootcamp. (www.smartmarketter.com/podcast)
22:05 Thanks for listening!