As a Marketer, you will always need evergreen content to use and splice together for powerful year-round Ads. In this episode, Molly Pittman talks to the Creative Manager at The Smart Marketer Agency about “Flexible use content.” Ben Bennett shares the framework and the need behind it and how they use this idea to test and improve their clients’ creatives. So, if you are looking for ways to fight creative fatigue, test hooks quickly, and find your creative style (and more), this episode is for you.
“When your content goes out and crushes it, it’s a double-edged sword, right? It burns through quickly. So we’re always needing more and more content.” Ben Bennett.
You Will Learn:
- The difference between Flex Use Content and B Roll?
- How to think about your content differently so you can quickly test multiple hooks
- Why you need to be creating problem-focused content
YOUR ENGAGEMENT MATTERS!
Here’s how you can make a difference:
- Subscribe to The Smart Marketer Podcast
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
- Repost this episode to your social media
- Share your favorite episodes with a friend
- Tag us in your next post and use the hashtag #WeOutHere
Links to Join:
00:00 “To make great ads, we need things that will visually tell that story to support the text and the voiceovers we will use in the future. Right? So, this is the mindset shift we want to get into when we’re shooting content: we need to tell stories visually without using dialogue. Kind of like a charades or a mime game, right?”. Ben Bennett
01:20 Who is Ben Bennett?
04:08 The beauty (and goal) of any Junior Position
07:24 Let’s Dive In: What Is Flex Use Content?
09:00 What Makes A Piece Of Content Flexible?
12:55 An Opportunity Marketers Often Miss (Problem Focused Content)
14:08 Try This Exercise
15:35 How you can get the Smart Marketer Agency’s Flex Use Content SOPs
16:20 The Lego Blocks You Need To Move Fast And Create More
17:45 What’s at stake when you don’t adopt this framework?