Do you take care of your business relationships? In part 2 of this 3-part series on Communication, our hosts talk about cultivating and maintaining strong business relationships. Molly describes how a lack of communication can destroy a successful business, and John gives us a rundown of a book that improved his communication skills. You’ll also hear how John’s parents approached communication, why honesty is so important, how stories dictate our emotions, and a whole lot more.
- Which book improved John’s communication skills
- Why you should give others the benefit of the doubt
- Why it’s important to make others feel heard
- How poor communication can destroy relationships
- Smart Marketer
- Click Happy / Balanced Being
- Train My Traffic Person
- Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High
Links to Join:
YOUR ENGAGEMENT MATTERS!
Here’s how you can make a difference:
- Subscribe to The Smart Marketer Podcast
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
- Repost this episode to your social media
- Share your favorite episodes with a friend
- Tag us in your next post and use the hashtag #WeOutHere
1:07 John reflects on the way his family approached communication.
3:58 A must read – Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High
4:39 Why you should give others the benefit of the doubt.
7:37 Molly’s got John’s back!
8:50 Do you have someone at work you feel safe opening up to?
9:50 “I’ve seen stories…” Molly explains how poor communication destroys businesses and relationships.
11:36 Love what you do, and work with those you love (and who love you back).
13:09 Why conflict resolution is great, but conflict prevention is better.
14:37 Thanks for listening! For more content and to connect with us, give us a follow on Instagram @smartmarketerig!