If you’ve given up hope in the power of organic Social Media, you need to 1) listen to this episode and 2) give TikTok a second thought. Today Molly Pittman talks with Alejandra Hurtado about how she built her platform to 24,000 followers in just three months and how it’s feeding into her agency and her academy (in a powerful way). Molly and Ale also discuss being a woman in the digital marketing space, how diversity (on your team) will make you a more effective marketer, and more.
You Will Learn:
- Why you need to incorporate TikTok into your Customer Acquisition plan.
- What to do in the first few months to ensure a successful launch .
- How TikTok is shifting (and how to use that in your favor).
- Molly Pittman, https://mollypittman.com/
- Find Alejandra on Social as @VibeWithAleh or visit www.MajestyAcademy.co
- Smart Marketer Courses, https://smartmarketer.com/courses/
YOUR ENGAGEMENT MATTERS!
Here’s how you can make a difference:
- Subscribe to The Smart Marketer Podcast
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
- Repost this episode to your social media
- Share your favorite episodes with a friend
- Tag us in your next post and use the hashtag #WeOutHere
Links to Join:
00:00 “Utilizing the platform (TikTok) the way that the platform wants to be utilized has been really a game changer for me. And it’s opened so many doors”. Alejandra
02:26 Alejandra Introduces Herself
06:56 “Everybody should do a little bit of gorilla or field marketing in their time, but do you know why? Because when you boil all of this down, whether digital or in-person marketing, it is about communication with other humans”. Molly Pittman
07:54 Reasons To Love Being A Marketer
09:24 The Perks of Teaching
12:30 Embrace The Trial And Error
13:54 What Will Build Your TikTok Community?
15:29 A Shift In TikTok
16:10 Is TikTok A Good (Organic) Customer Acquisition Tool?
16:53 That Digital Marketer Life
19:23 Where TikTok gets tricky.
21:40 A Woman In Marketing
24:34 “The strongest skill set I think we have (as women) is our intuition and empathy, and the biggest struggle I’ve found is fitting that into the business world.” Molly Pittman
25:21 Why Diversity (On Your Team) Is So Valuable
29:13 Tips For Launch
30:02 Define Your Purpose and Niche Down
30:49 Get Your Content Rolling
Thank you so much for listening to this episode of the Smart Marketer podcast. If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us an honest review on @ApplePodcasts, and subscribe wherever you are listening.