By Smart Marketer | January 25, 2020
How will data and privacy laws impact your marketing strategy in 2021? In part 3 of this 3-part segment of #WeOutHere, our host John Grimshaw shares his final 4 predictions of what’s to come in 2021. Consumer data is the new oil, and appears to be getting more valuable every day. Because of this, legal changes to the acquisition and usage of customer data is trending in favor of consumers and not marketers. John is here to break this all down and give you action items to get prepared. If you haven’t listened to parts 1 & 2, go back to episodes 10 and 12 of the podcast!
You Will Learn:
- • Which popular website was sued for lack of Web Accessibility
• Why you should become familiar with the CCPA if you sell in California
• Why Facebook requires you to update your data restrictions to perform optimally
• Types of business legislation that could be passed in the next year
- • Smart Marketer
Links to Join:
YOUR ENGAGEMENT MATTERS!
Here’s how you can help the show and make a difference:
- • Subscribe to The Smart Marketer Podcast
• Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
• Repost this episode to your social media
• Share your favorite episode with a friend
• Tag us in your next post and use the hashtag #WeOutHere
1:07 In part 3 of this #WeOutHere segment, John gives you his final 4 predictions relating to Data & Privacy.
1:42 Web Accessibility — Find out why you should be appealing to every type of potential customer.
3:25 Where to start? We list a few types of Web Accessibility services you should consider adding to your business.
5:00 If you’re not familiar with GDPR or the CCPA, listen to this NOW!
8:03 Two words will help prevent you from getting sued: Cookie Tool.
10:40 Which browser accounts for 55% of U.S. mobile users? The answer might surprise you.
12:27 CRMs — A familiar tool of the present that is looking to hold even more value in the future. Here’s why…
13:42 Legally, it feels like it’s been Facebook vs. Everybody. So, who’s their next opponent?
17:11 Out of all 19 predictions, here’s the top key predictions you should be focusing on in 2021.
17:58 Final thoughts on 2020 from our hosts and Ezra.